Thursday, May 7, 2009

What I hear

So I have decided to do my "soundwalk" while sitting on my bed. Currently I hear my mother in the living viciously taping some boxes. The sound of the tape being pulled from its plastic is kind of lengthy, so I figure she is pulling out long pieces of tape. I could also hear her patting down the tape on the boxes. The tape sound is interrupted by the sound of my phone's chime when I receive a text. I will not check the message, yet.
My brother is in the same room as me, so I could hear his sounds more defined. He sat back on his chair and the chair creaked. The PC in my room is old, so I hear the CPU's constant moaning sound when it is on. Since my brother is currently doing homework, I could hear him typing on the keyboard along with my own hands typing on the keyboard. Now I hear the sound of my brother's nails while he scratches the back of his ear.
Outside I hear the siren of a police car which is probably about 2 blocks away.
Now the muffled sound of an airplane.
The volume of television is my parent's room has increased. I could clearly hear the Hispanic reporter, stating the news.
Meanwhile, the television in the living room is also on. Currently, Spanish commercials are being announced. (I just realized how much electricity we are using)
And my mother is presently overpowering any other sound in the house with the sound of the tape.
I just heard my stomach grumble.
My brother keeps shifting in his seat and so the chair keeps whining.
I think I heard a bus outside but the sound of the tape is a lot louder than it was when I first started doing this.
I hear my brothers feet dragging across the carpet and now he made a really strange sound on the living room.
My mother finally finished taping but I hear some scratching sounds, which sound as if she is marking the boxes with a marker.
Ok, I am done.

No comments:

Post a Comment